log in or register

And the story continues...... - 2008-05-18 11:24:55
<<< Previous - Spring Vacation far behind....spring chores slap me in the face! | Next - Happy 7 Month Birthday Morgan! >>>

I'm starting in the middle of the story and will jump around as it suits my fancy! After many, many years of trying Raymond and I finally had a son, Morgan Finn, on December 26th! He has changed our lives in so many ways and he is such a blessing. We are healthy and happy.....and now we begin again......

First of all I have to express how absolutely wonderful it felt to give myself the gift of coming home early yesterday to be with my son. Knowing that I would only have to work for a few hours made the evening last night very nice and then my work day this morning tolerable. It is such a feeing of excitement when I know I get to spend the whole day with my son and I was very much looking forward to greeting him when I got home.

When I walked into the house this morning it was very quiet so I peeked at Morgan's door and realized he was still sleeping. I quietly came in and said good morning to my husband and gave the dogs their biscuit. We visited as Raymond gathered up his things for work and I began to pick up the house a bit, putting little things away and thinking about how I wanted to spend my day. I figured I would just let Morgan sleep until he was ready to get up, but Raymond said, "Well, this is about the time that he gets up." And I said, "I just thought I'd let him sleep." And he said, with a silly grin as if he was telling a secret, "Well, I usually go in and slowly wake him up by opening up one of his window shades and say good morning to him." I thought, what the heck, I miss him and the whole reason I'm home today is to spend that precious morning time with him. So we went in quietly and Raymond slowly opened up the shade and Morgan began stretching and waking up. As soon as he saw me his whole face lit up into a smile! That smile was just exactly the reason I came home this morning. I wanted that smile. I wanted to be the first thing that greeted him in the morning. I wanted him to know that I was there and that I loved him, and in that brief moment of eye contact I felt closer to him than I ever have. I am just filled with so much love for him that at times it overwhelms me and I laugh and cry with a joy I thought I'd never experience.

I am so humbled and thankful to have this morning with him. I am so happy that my face was the first thing he saw this morning. I so glad that we have the rest of the day to be together. When I see him smile at me I am reduced to a pool of Jell-O.

Here is a picture that Raymond took as soon as Morgan was awake....I call it Mama's Bliss.